[Nelug] O'Reilly books for review

Richard Patterson nelug-admin at nelug.org.uk
Fri May 6 07:08:48 UTC 2005

Hi all,

This is how it works...

O'Reilly send me a newsletter every month or so... each newsletter has a
list of books that are available to review. I ask for the ones that I
think may be of interest to the NELUG members...

They do give them to us FREE of charge, however the reason for supplying
them in the first place is to get people to write a review of it
somewhere. The review can be bublished anywhere (e.g. our website,
Amazon, etc.) then I send a link for the review back to O'Reilly. - We
get to keep the book at the end.

What I would ask is if anyone on the list reviews one of these books (or
indeed any other books), please send me the review in any format you
like (HTML, PS, PDF, TeX, etc), then I can put it on the website (and
give you credit). I would prefer it if you returned the book (if
supplied by me) to increase the size of the "NLL (NELUG Lending
Library)", and to give others on the list a chance to read it.

If anyone wants to design (or even develop) a new section of the website
for the "NLL" and for book reviews, I'd be more than happy to put it on
the site. The current site is LAMP (Linux Apache Mysql PHP) based.