[Nelug] Speedtouch USB modem

Martin Ward Martin.Ward at durham.ac.uk
Mon May 16 21:53:19 UTC 2005

On Monday 16 May 2005 18:33, James Le Cuirot wrote:
> I got one of these working on my Gentoo machine at the weekend, as it
> happens. It looks like you're using devfs though, whereas I'm using the
> newer udev. I would suspect that Mandrake 10 has the stuff it needs
> enabled in the kernel so I'm not sure what it would be. I'm not 100%
> sure if I'll come tomorrow, might do...

I am happy to consider different mechanisms for driving the modem,
up to and including installing a different distribution.

I have considered getting an adsl router instead, but surely
the combined forces of NELUG are up to cracking this problem?? :-)

--
			Martin

Martin.Ward at durham.ac.uk http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~mward/ Erdos number: 4
G.K.Chesterton web site: http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~mward/gkc/