[Nelug] USB problem solved

Martin Ward martin at gkc.org.uk
Wed Nov 9 12:29:33 UTC 2005

Re the problem I mentioned last night with an empty /proc/bus/usb

It turns out that you need to mount /proc/bus/usb before you can access it,
even though my USB devices work fine without it.

I added a line to /etc/fstab:

usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults 0 0

and ran "mount /proc/bus/usb" and now "lsusb" shows the devices.

The reason I needed this was that I have a Logitech MX300 mouse
which defaults to 400dpi on powering up, and I had to set pointer
acceleration to 2x. With /proc/bus/usb I can run "lmctl" to set
the resolution to 800dpi, and then set pointer acceleration to 1x.
Now I can move the mouse to any of the 1,920,000 pixels on
the screen :-)

This should work with any Logitech MX type mouse.

--
			Martin

martin at gkc.org.uk http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~mward/ Erdos number: 4
G.K.Chesterton web site: http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~mward/gkc/