[Nelug] December 2005 Newsletter (was meeting reminder)

NELUG Administrator nelug-admin at nelug.org.uk
Wed Nov 30 11:42:10 UTC 2005

December 2005 Meeting
---------------------

The next meeting, will be held on Tuesday 6th December, in the bar at
Durham rowing club.

For the benefit of new members, this is generally a social event, where
we tend to discuss any number of topics (Linux or not).

The start time of the meeting it set as 20:00, but there is usually
someone there from about 19:30, it tends to go on till about 22:00 - 22:30.

Hope to see you there,

Nelug Unified Lending Library (null)
------------------------------------

The Nelug Unified Lending Library is a collection of books, magazines
and CDs.

At the moment, this is a box which i bring with me to the meetings,
anyone is welcome to borrow whatever they like... free of charge!

Once you have finished with a book or CD borrowed from the library,
please return them so that others can borrow them...

Also, if you have any books or CDs you would like to add to the
collection, please feel free to bring them along, and i'll add them to
the box.

Hardware Swaps
--------------

Hardware will often change hands at the meetings, so if you have
something that you no longer need, you can bring it along with you, but
if it's a bulky item, it may be worth posting a message to the list first.

Website
-------

I am once again looking into changes for the website, I like the idea of
being able to grant access for members of the group to publish
documents, etc... So it may switch over to a CMS based system (Mambo /
Plone). If you have any experience with (Open Source) CMS systems,
please let me know.

If it changes over to a CMS system, it may require volunteers to work on
  the transfer as it would take me a long time on my own.