[Nelug] Re: Bad Wolf

Douglas Nisbet dougie at highmoor.co.uk
Wed Aug 16 08:02:45 UTC 2006

david flower wrote:
> told ya
> but what was the norwegian conection about the divine comedy?
I got that wrong too. Well, mostly wrong.

Divine Comedy were featured on 6Music's The Hub Sessions yesterday.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/events/hub/divinecomedy_gallery.shtml
Sadly they didn't play My Lovely Horse, which they wrote for Father Ted
in the famous episode about their Irish Eurovision entry.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Lovely_Horse
I thought it was based on a real Norwegian entry, but it was, according
to Wiki, based on a fictitious Norwegian entry, but apparently really
based on an Irish entry. ( "That's What Friends Are For" by the
Swarbriggs, an Irish Eurovision competitor in 1975).