[Nelug] phpmyadmin and timeouts

Dougie Nisbet dougie at highmoor.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 19:10:35 UTC 2006

As mentioned elsewhere I've been playing around with mysql and after
replies on the list I've discovered phpmyadmin.

Earlier I used firefox on my PC running XP to connect to my linux server
running mysql. I selected the database and did a bit of data entry on a
record. Then I forgot what I was doing, went off did something else for
a while, came back and carried on. When I clicked on 'Go' to insert the
record it told me that my session had timed out and I would have to log
back in again. I did so and sure enough the data I'd entered for the new
record hadn't been committed.

I've been looking to see if there's a way that I can stop this
happening, or at least to get a warning before commiting that the
session has timed out, or even somehow retrieving the SQL statement that
had failed and re-running it. I got hopeful when I found a tab that said
'SQL History' but it was empty. I've found that my clicking on Home I
can a load of system variables but no way of changing them.

Can someone point me in the right direction and tell me if it's possible
to change the timeout or, ideally, disable it completely? Or if there's
a way of retrieving and Insert statement so that I can re-submit it?

Thanks,

Dougie