[Nelug] BBC Climate Change project

Eddy Younger e.j.younger at durham.ac.uk
Mon Feb 20 12:33:14 UTC 2006

Dougie Nisbet writes:
 > I've just started doing this on a couple of PCs. Any interest in
 > creating a NELUG team?

Been running climateprediction.net work for a while now on my machines
at work. It requires a lot more cycles that seti at home to achieve something
useful - eg on one 3GHz P4 box, been running a "sulphur cycle"
simulation work package, presently at 4.8% complete after 59:13:01 of
cpu time. I have a profile setup to run jobs during the night only
(23:00 - 09:00) when the machines are idle.

I could retrospectively add these machines to "Team NELUG" if it takes
off.

Eddy (yes, still alive!).