[Nelug] Streaming Video

bob bobgroves at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Oct 21 17:10:50 UTC 2006

On Saturday 21 October 2006 5:27 pm, Scott Wilcox wrote:
> Hey folks.
>
> I have a small/oldish slackware box that I want to use to distribute
> video across my lan (via http/java or something hopefully) and perhaps
> then net. I think more like mjpeg or something like that. The only thing
> the box will do is to access the device (/dev/video) and broadcast it.
> It'll also display it on screen too, but that can be arrange by using a
> browser on the actual box too.
>
> The stream is live, 24/7 too.
>
> Any ideas/links/suggestions? :)
>
> Scott.

I use Palantir -

http://www.fastpath.it/products/palantir/

... which works very well indeed, both via LAN and Internet (even on my
ancient 600 Mhz Pentium 3).  You can see the result in the small 'live'
broadcast at my website: http://www.bobgroves.net

--
Bob Groves BA Hons (Ed) LCGI MInstLM MIITT MAPTT
General Secretary, Association of Part-Time Tutors (APTT)
Email: secretary at aptt.org.uk
Legal information with regard to this email can be viewed here:
http://www.apttuk.com/e-disclaim.html

APTT Website: http://www.aptt.org.uk
APTT, Wallsend Peoples Centre, Memorial Hall
Frank Street, Wallsend, Tyne & Wear NE28 6RN
Personal website: http://www.bobgroves.net

(Written using Kmail in GNU/Linux SUSE 9.3)