[Nelug] DVD drive causing linux to crash

Aleksander Helgaker aleksander.helgaker at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 23:41:46 UTC 2006

Havn't had a chance to re-install linux yet. I need to get some cd-r's
first, but I have a question about the IRQ. I was under the impression that
the irq was handled by the bios and not the kernel. If it's handled by the
bios I doubt that's the problem as Windows is perfectly capable of using it.
So, is it the bios or the kernel which is responisble for the IRQ?

--
Aleksander