[Nelug] Meeting reminder - Tuesday 17th July, Clayport Library

Brian Ronald brian at ppcis.org
Tue Jul 17 11:07:21 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 10:22 +0000, anthony esdaile wrote:
> Hi i was wondering whether u could help me, i have been dabbling with
> linux on and off for a while now and would like to get into
> programming or scripting but dont have a clue where to start eg bash
> perl PHP or Python i would be grateful if anyone could let me have
> their ideas

Come along to the meeting, and we can demonstrate a couple of scripting
languages to you.

> Ive never been to a meeting yet as my linux skills are not good enough
> so my apologies.

There isn't a minimum skill requirement.  You don't need to be any good
at Linux!  The only requirement is an interest in Linux, which you have.

> My skillset is mainly Cisco and dare i say Msoft

Both are useful.  In fact, IOS and Windows are different enough from
each other; you're probably going to have no problem getting Linux under
your belt as well.

> Thanks

You're welcome.  See you tonight?

Brian Ronald