[Nelug] Rowing Club

Dougie Nisbet dougie at highmoor.co.uk
Mon Sep 3 20:01:58 UTC 2007

We didn't really come to any consensus at the last meeting about how to
pay our way for using the club for our meetings. Perhaps we could do a
quick 'straw-poll' and see what people think.

I'm quite happy to pay £15/year to become a social member. I suppose it
depends on how many other regulars would also feel this way. Perhaps we
could suggest that if the regulars were willing to become members, and
newcomers were given a grace period of, say, a couple of months, then
we'd have a system where newcomers would be expected to join if they
wished to carry on coming along.

We're not a big crowd as it is and the fear is that if someone turns up
for a look to see how things are, and immediately have to pay a couple
of quid, they might not be too keen.

The problem with my proposal is that, I think, there are too few of us
regulars to come close to hitting the £120/year that the club are
suggesting. Having said that, it might be more profitable for the club
than the people who do turn up paying a couple of quid each!

Dougie

PS. I'm running the GNR for the British Heart Foundation at the end of
the month. If you like you can throw me a few crumbs at www.shadywood.co.uk