[Nelug] Rowing Club

Dougie Nisbet dougie at highmoor.co.uk
Tue Sep 4 05:44:29 UTC 2007

Brian Ronald wrote:
> Hello from Tyneside LUG.
>
> On Mon, 2007-09-03 at 21:01 +0100, Dougie Nisbet wrote:
>
>> We didn't really come to any consensus at the last meeting about how to
>> pay our way for using the club for our meetings. Perhaps we could do a
>> quick 'straw-poll' and see what people think.
>>

> I wasn't there, so I'm only making inferences from the content of this
> email.  Let me know if I'm misunderstanding any of this.

At the moment there is a disparity; people at the rowing club have to
pay a membership, full or social, we do not. It is the rowing club who
wish to charge us for use of the venue. A lot of the points you make are
well made but don't tell us anything we don't already know and were
brought up at the last meeting. No firm plan was mooted on how to proceed.

It sounds like the Tyneside LUG has already been down this road. So have
NELUG to a certain extent, during the 6 months when the rowing club was
closed.