[Nelug] Talks at meetings

Ian MacKenzie imack at operamail.com
Wed Sep 5 14:30:35 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm one of the invisible Linux users who never get to meetings... mainly because the particular time slot hasn't suited, but to whom the idea of a structured meeting is much more attractive.

Richard's comments about beginner/advanced level users

>Some topics would be too advanced for beginners, while the topics
>that would suite the beginners would be too basic for the more >advanced users.

rang very true for me.

What about rotating the levels of the talk/demo each month?
If there were Beginner/Mid-level/Advanced talks rotating,each segment of the membership would get at least 4 metings per year at their level.
I,as a beginner, would find beginner and some mid-level talks of interest. Likewise I imagine, mid-level people would feel up to understanding and following an Advanced talk.

Regards
Ian MacKenzie