[Nelug] Streaming web cam on fedora 8 with ffmpeg

Daniel Tweedy daniel.tweedy at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 14:29:28 UTC 2008

Bob Groves wrote:
> Daniel Tweedy wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Has anyone had any experience of streaming a web cam with ffmpeg ?
>>
>> I've been reading this guide here its on the ubuntu website but seems to
>> work just the same on fedora.
>> http://ph.ubuntuforums.com/showthread.php?t=665607
>>
>> I'm getting a lot of buffer underflow errors, have installed cheese and
>> the webcam works fine in cheese for just checking if it works the video
>> is a little choppy like low fps.
>>
>> Any help as to why getting buffer underflow would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you
>> Daniel.

> I use Palantir -  http://www.fastpath.it/products/palantir/
>
> ... works exceptionally well (see my website = htttp://www.bobgroves.net)

Hi Bob,

That looks pretty awesome seems to offer just what I was after, just one
question tho I was kinda hoping to stream the video out as flash video
flv dont suppose you know if thats at all possible ?

Or if anyone knows how to stop the buffer underflow messages in ffmpeg ?
its streaming my webcam but it grinds to a halt eventually sigh.

Thank you all.
Daniel.