[Nelug] Sharing CD-ROM over Samba on Fedora 9

Richard Patterson richard at helpquick.co.uk
Sat May 24 22:37:02 UTC 2008

Hi Daniel,

First off, try looking in the logs (in /var/log/samba), it might give
you a clue as to what the problem is.

Does the directory you are sharing exist?

I copied your [cdrom] section into my samba config, and was prompted for
username / password, then an error "System error 53 has occurred. The
network path was not found."

Once I created /cdrom, i was able to connect without a problem...

Hope this helps,

*Richard Patterson*
Mobile: 0792 151 2459
Jabber chat: richard at jabber.helpquick.co.uk

HelpQuick Ltd
Computer Solutions for Business and Home

Office: 0191 2582888, Fax: 0191 6408666
Web: http://www.helpquick.co.uk

HelpQuick Limited, Registered in England & Wales, Company number
5334746, Vat registration number: 859 6133 89, Registered office: 18
Camden Square, North Shields, NE30 1NR, UK