[Durham] Meeting reminder: 19:30 Durham rowing club, in the bar

Dougie Nisbet dougie at highmoor.co.uk
Tue Dec 20 07:21:13 UTC 2011

On 20/12/11 06:51, Dougie Nisbet wrote:

> Things that might get tried out/discussed include:
>
> - Trying to get wireless drivers installed on Ian's Compaq
> (http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=194&t=84853)
> - Me finding out more about what I need to do for remote access
> - installing 64 bit wine on LMDE

I'd also be interested in any ideas anyone has in tracking down a server
crash. I have an old PC in the loft running LMDE that crashes
periodically. Nothing on the screen and nothing in syslog. In the past
when I've had this sort of thing it's usually turned out to be memory
(hmmm, haven't run memtest on it) or hardware.

I did wonder about writing out a file periodically. Perhaps using
dropbox or a remote file copy to retrieve ps output at regular intervals
although I doubt that would tell me anything useful.

dropbox - only discovered this recently. Looks quite interesting. I
thought of using it to capture regular status reports from pcs. Does
anyone else use dropbox, and if so, what for?

Dougie