[Durham] Inserting silence or reducing volume in video

Dougie Nisbet dougie at highmoor.co.uk
Sat Dec 24 21:31:05 UTC 2011

On 24/12/2011 21:18, Richard Mortimer wrote:
> I swear by kdenlive http://www.kdenlive.org/
>
> I've edited 1.5 hour videos with that including overlaying audio
> tracks and titles etc. It takes a bit of getting used to but what you
> want to do is fairly simple so it should be pretty easy to get the
> hang of it.

I've given up on Openshot due to repeated Segmentation Faults. PiTiVi is
a lot simpler than I thought after a bit of initial confusion, and I
love the way you control audio by sticking pins in the stream; shades of
Tracklogs and Mapinfo there. I shall have a look at kdenlive if it
doesn't insist on installing a shedload of kde stuff.

Dougie