[Durham] Linux netbooks

Dougie Nisbet dougie at highmoor.co.uk
Mon May 2 15:54:16 UTC 2011

I've been thinking again about getting a netbook. Last time I looked
into it there were a couple of strong contenders in HP and Dell that I
liked the look of. Having just had a bit of a search on the web I'm a
bit surprised to see that both Dell and HP have apparently given up on
the Netbook market. The only linux netbooks I could find are a few
offerings on Amazon. I was looking at getting something with a decent
spec but I can't really face the pain and uncertainty of hardware
incompatibilities so was hoping to get something with a good track
record. The more I investigate the more I'm going of the idea!

Is anyone running a linux netbook and if so, what have you got?

Dougie