[Durham] rsync

Andrew Glass andrewglass3 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 21:56:46 UTC 2012

Hi Richard

Thanks for getting back to me.

Im wanting to copy everything to a new hard drive so I can reformat the old one, if you read my subsequent email to this one you will have seen Ive been getting corruption on files that I copied from one drive to another over afp.  I think that was because I had set udp rather than tcp however I could be wrong. Any ideas?

Anyway, Id like to create an lvm group as now have 3 x 1tb drives and id like to create a big pot that I can expand for future use etc.

Would it therefore be better to create an lvm group on 2 of the 3 1tb drives, then rsync the data from the main drive to that?  Then format and add the final drive to the lvm pot?

Im not sure how to go about it?  Any suggestions?  Im just reading the lvm tutorial on howtoforge at the moment.

Cheers

Andy