[Durham] ssh and reverse port thingummy bob

Richard Patterson Richard at helpquick.co.uk
Mon Dec 24 10:53:01 UTC 2012

What dougie wants to be able to do is ssh from home to work without having port forwarding setup at work.

Such that from a linux machine at work, he would run:

ssh -R 2112:localhost:22 dougie at home_ip_address

This establishes an ssh session with port 2112 on his home server forwarded to port 22 on the work machine.

He can then go home, issue ssh -p 2112 dougien at localhost, which will be forwarded through to his work machine.

I've just seen Martin's reply saying the same thing...

Oh well, he can type faster than me I guess ;-)