[Durham] Ian's printer problem - sorted!

Oliver Burnett-Hall olly at burnett-hall.co.uk
Sat Sep 22 10:46:02 UTC 2012

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 14:55:47 -0800
Ian MacKenzie <ian.mackenzie at inbox.com> wrote:
> whatever you did seemed to kick start the printer.
> I turned my back for a minute and it had printed off the queue of
> previously-failed docs! Thanks,

Glad to hear that it worked.  I think the thing that got it working
again was the button labelled 'activate printer' or something similar
in the control panel.  I've had problems before where CUPS has been
running the queue for a printer as normal, so you can submit jobs
successfully, but has the printer status set to disabled so nothing
actually gets printed out.

Playing around with your group membership was probably not the fix, it
looks like LMDE doesn't use groups for controlling who can print.

- olly