[Durham] WiFi does not work on Ubuntu 12.04LTS

Oliver Burnett-Hall olly at burnett-hall.co.uk
Mon Sep 24 18:04:41 UTC 2012

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 08:53:37 +0100 (BST)
Bill and Anne Pritchard <wdnp2 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> There is a file called ndiswrapper.conf in etc/modprobe.d although I
> have uninstalled ndiswrapper with the software centre.There are also
> several blacklist files including blacklist.conf. I am not sure what
> to do-can you help? Bill

Edit the /etc/modprobe.d/ndiswrapper.conf file and either delete all
the existing lines, or comment them out by sticking a # symbol at the
start of each line.  Then add a new line reading 'blacklist
ndiswrapper'.  That should stop that module from ever being loaded.

- olly