[Durham] New motherboard and processor

Oliver Burnett-Hall olly at burnett-hall.co.uk
Wed Feb 6 09:35:37 UTC 2013

On 4 Feb 2013 07:56, "andrew" <andrewglass3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My inner nerd says i7 lol what do you guys think?

I can't give you any advice on different motherboards or processors (my
knowledge of these is several years out of date), but what I strongly
recommend I'd working out your budget first and making sure you stick to it.

You'll always be able to spend a bit more to get something better, but if
you go down that road that you'll end up with a system that's far more
powerful and far more expensive than you need.

Remember that for general computing you could probably get away with using
a Raspberry Pi these days, so you shouldn't need to spend too much.

- olly