[Durham] Mail account hacked

Oliver Burnett-Hall olly at burnett-hall.co.uk
Sun Mar 24 15:54:56 UTC 2013

On 24 March 2013 08:48, Bill <wdnp2 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Oliver,
> I have unsubscribed from your group some time ago but on 22 March was
> inundated by messages which I suspect originated from my connection with
> your group.Messages have been sent from my account to all and sundry.
> Yahoo have suggested I have a suspected hacked mail account.Can  you
> help investigate this?

Bill,

Unfortunately I can't do much to help here, I've no experience with
this type of problem.

I haven't seen anything unusual with messages coming from this mailing list, so
I suspect that it is a problem with your account.

Yahoo! has a lot of resources for cleaning up after your account has been
compromised, this one looks like a good place to start:
http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&y=PROD_ACCT&locale=en_US&id=SLN3417&impressions=false

- olly