[Durham] atheros ar8161 gig eth card

Richard Mortimer richm at oldelvet.org.uk
Wed May 29 22:25:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 29/05/2013 21:47, Andrew Glass wrote:
> Hey guys
>
> Can you help me please?  Ive been trying to find the right driver  to
> use in ubuntu 12.04 LTS for the atheros ar8161 rev 10 gigabit ethernet
> card  I have on my asus x55c laptop.  I just cant seem to get anything
> to work so far.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/165192/how-do-i-install-drivers-for-the-atheros-ar8161-ethernet-controller

claims to be for the rev 8 device using 12.04

http://askubuntu.com/questions/209716/how-can-i-install-the-atheros-ar8161-drivers-without-an-internet-connection
http://askubuntu.com/questions/257852/ubuntu-12-04-not-recognizing-atheros-ar8161-gigabit-ethernet

claims that you can get later kernels if you have 12.04.2 or later loaded.

I've tested none of this.

Richard