[Durham] Weird laptop monitor issue

Nick durham-lug at njw.me.uk
Thu May 30 14:57:08 UTC 2013

The whine does seem to come from the screen itself, yes.

The reason I'm tentative about buying a new screen is that my
brother did that and the problem soon recurred. Admittedly he had
fiddled with the cables no end, so might have damaged things
further, but it's still a worry that I buy another screen and find
that the problem quickly comes back.

Thanks for your thoughts. I know very little about hardware, so
they're much appreciated.

Nick