[Durham] Selective daemon routing

Richard Patterson richard at helpquick.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 11:21:42 UTC 2014

Andy,

I'm sure you've got better things to be doing than messing with your vpn
setup (again)...

Question I have is... Why?

Using bind as a caching name server is great, but you don't have to
forward requests to your local router... it can do everything using root
hints, etc.

If you really want bind to work like you suggest, then all you need to
do is configure forwarders to point to your local router...

See this site for more info:

https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-configure-bind-as-a-caching-or-forwarding-dns-server-on-ubuntu-14-04

Basically, skip everything up to the heading "*Configure as a Forwarding
DNS Server*"

Make sure to use your local router's ip address.