[Durham] Screen brightness

David Walland davidwalland at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 11 10:19:17 UTC 2014

Dear All,

I normally turn my Xubuntu laptop off every time after use but recently
left it on for some time.  When I came back to it, the screen would not
turn up to full power while on external charger.  As soon as I move to
battery, it instantly goes to full brightness, but returns to very low
brightness on plugging in the charger.  The charger appears to be working
correctly.  I've tried to reset it using the Power settings but the
settings there are already at maximum.

I'm not sure what is happening... Any ideas?

I'm running a Dell Latitude D620 with Xubuntu 14.04, 64 bit.  There's 4 GB
memory and the cpu is a core Duo, 1.8GHz

Cheers,

David