[Durham] Skillshare event

Barry Titterton titterton.barry at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 18:39:30 UTC 2014

On 23/07/14 18:11, Dan Dart wrote:

> Hi Helen,
>
> Any more help would be warmly welcomed from my angle. Whether that's
> teaching, materials etc.
>
> As we are going to be teaching Mint XFCE as "canon" then more disks
> would certainly be a handy thing to have (not sure different distros
> would confuse the matter), as would networking cables (I'm imagining
> people might have laptops so old they might not have WiFi but also
> might be an idea to bring some WiFi USB dongles if you could kindly
> spare to lend for the day...
>
> What does everybody else think?
>
> Cheers
> Dan

Helen, your help will be most welcome on Saturday. Please note that you
will need to bring a packed lunch/picnic. Tea and coffee will be
provided but you will need to bring your own sugar.

We think that we have enough hardware and literature for Saturday, but
extra installation media for Mint 13 XFCE would be useful. Wi-fi dongles
would also be most welcome. We have a donated desktop that we can use
for an installation demonstration. We are hoping that some of the
visitors will bring their own machines as well.

Regards

Barry