[Durham] adding a route to boot

Oliver Burnett-Hall olly at burnett-hall.co.uk
Sat Jun 28 10:54:34 UTC 2014

On 27 June 2014 20:41, Andrew Glass <andrewglass3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to add a route to my debian server when it boots up after a restart.
> Can anyone show me the best place as I need it to do this:
> post-up route add -net 192.168.0.0/24 gw 192.168.200.12

That looks like a command that would go in /etc/network/interfaces.
Run 'man interfaces' for the syntax used in that file; post-up is
described in the 'iface options' section.

> also update-rc.d openvpn defaults doesn't seem to make openvpn start when
> the server reboots.

You shouldn't need to play around with update-rc.d for openvpn; the
debian package already comes with symlinks in /etc/rc?.d/ installed.
Check that they're still there by running 'ls -l
/etc/rc*.d/*openvpn*/'.

Have you edited /etc/default/openvpn? It looks like you need to set
the AUTOSTART variable to say what VPNs you want to start up.

HTH,

- olly