[Durham] free software skill-share project: update

David Walland davidwalland at googlemail.com
Wed May 14 14:04:50 UTC 2014

All,

I need some clear idea of what we are offering and our goals, so that I can
begin to put together some sort of poster/flyer.  I like to do this well
early, as everyone can then tear it apart and rehash it.  I'm going to be
away for most of July including the "great day" so I need to get going with
this, urgently.

I've been pondering the images and I think what might work for background
images is start screens of different versions/flavours of Linux.  I'll get
them for Xubuntu and Ubuntu myself.  Can others let me have some easily
accessible images of other flavours please.  I'll be laying out on my old
XP machine using Office (sorry but the drivers for my printer on Linux are
much too limited).  I'm expecting to be producing posters up to A3 size so
images must take being blown up to a fair size (at least A5) and remember,
I may be taking out sections of an image, so if it'll take going up to at
least A4 without pixillating obviously, that would be good.

Regards,

David