[Durham] Hi guys Openvpn and various routing

Richard Patterson richard at helpquick.co.uk
Wed May 28 22:22:10 UTC 2014

I assume you have OpenVPN setup to redirect the default gateway?

Problem is, the connections to your minecraft server could come from anywhere, but as the default route is redirected to the VPN, the replies will go out the wrong route.

So, you probably have a couple of options… if it’s just Netflix you are needing to send over the VPN, then find the correct IPs and setup static routes for these to go over the VPN, and leave the default gateway pointing to your router.

Option 2 would be to setup some policy based routing…

This can be complicated depending on your setup. If your odroid is acting as a router for the network for Netflix, etc.

Can you provide more information on how it’s setup, and what you want to achieve? i.e. some kind of digram of the network setup?

Richard Patterson
Mobile: 07921 512 459

HelpQuick Ltd
The headquarters of
innovative IT solutions

Office: 0191 2582888, Fax: 0191 6408666
Web: http://www.helpquick.co.uk

Have you used our services? Why not write a review on the FreeIndex website

HelpQuick Limited, Registered in England & Wales, Company number
5334746, Vat registration number: 859 6133 89, Registered office:
18 Camden Square, North Shields, NE30 1NR, UK