[Durham] Android tablets

Eddy Younger eddy at shofar.ukfsn.org
Sat Nov 1 18:47:50 UTC 2014

On 1 Nov 2014 15:51, Martin Ward <martin at gkc.org.uk> wrote:

> Does anyone have any recommendations for Android tablets?
>
> Eg are either of these any good:
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cheapest-Android-KitKat-QUAD-CORE-BLUETOOTH/dp/B00JABR3A0
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/ANDROID-4-4-KITKAT-QUAD-CORE-BLUETOOTH/dp/B00IUXI7HM

Depends enormously on what you want from it. The cheapy no-brand ones generally have no GPS for example, some may have no Bluetooth or usb-otg support.

I have a Lenovo A10-70 which cost more than those but less than half an equivalent iPad price, and is fully-featured. I'm very satisfied with it. There's an 8 inch version too. The Lenovo Yoga's also got good reports but are a bit long in the tooth now.

Eddy