[Durham] SMART errors

Oliver Burnett-Hall olly at burnett-hall.co.uk
Mon Nov 17 22:47:29 UTC 2014

David,

Thanks for the help with the RAID commands. I got my replacement disk
on Saturday and my computer spent a lot of time over the weekend moving
data around (it took about 16 hours to migrate the LVM logical volume
onto the new array, and then about 12 hours for the rebuild after
adding the third disk). It did finish eventually and I now seem to
really have a RAID5 array up and running:

% cat /proc/mdstat
~ Personalities : [raid1] [raid6] [raid5] [raid4]
md1 : active raid5 sdd1[3] sdc1[1] sdb1[0]
      3906560000 blocks super 1.2 level 5, 512k chunk, algorithm 2
[3/3] [UUU]
      bitmap: 0/15 pages [0KB], 65536KB chunk

unused devices: <none>

- olly