[Durham] website refresh / wordpress-themed club night

mark mark at re-pute.it
Mon Jan 11 10:08:39 UTC 2016

On 09/01/16 15:32, Oliver Burnett-Hall wrote:
>> - if we were to keep something under our own control at nelug.org.uk, we
>> could change it to a simpler, static site or we could at least have a
>> locked front page (rather than a weblog) that doesn't look out-of-date
>> so easily, which would be very easy to do.
>
> Agreed.
>

>> If you set
>> up a Meetup group but some of us don't participate in it, would that be
>> OK or would that cause problems? e.g. you wouldn't really know how many
>> attendees to expect at events because you wouldn't know how many
>> curmudgeons like myself would be coming ;)
>
> I'm definitely not proposing that a Meetup account would be a
> requirement for attending meetings.

Should we try doing both then: make a Meetup thing and lock the
frontpage of nelug.org.uk, and see what happens?

It looks like there are plenty of other things to get on with, so maybe
we can drop the idea of a WP-themed evening for now.

Mark
--

www.re-pute.it  _/ _/ _/  a laptop with ethics to be proud of