[Durham] Saturday event - was: Re: meeting reminder

mark mark at re-pute.it
Mon Jan 15 10:51:35 UTC 2018

On 15/01/18 09:06, Richard Mortimer wrote:
> Cripes I just put 2 + 2 together to make 4!
>
> The Rowing Club bar is closed all this week due to some work being done
> by contractors. I doubt there will be any spare space in other rooms of
> the building because they are having to move all the furniture out so
> the contractors can get in.
>
> Regards
>
> Richard

Thanks Richard,

I guess it's unlikely we can find another venue for Tuesday evening now,
unless anyone has a plan on that front?

If anyone's interested, the Durham Free Software Skill-Share project
(that's the revolutionary front of NELUG, if you like -
https://network23.org/dfs3 ) has an event coming up this Saturday (20th)
in Winlaton which some of you might enjoy. We're going to be explaining
to people how software freedom can give you back some control over your
tech, with an emphasis on extending the useful life of equipment and
reducing environmental harm. If you've got any gear you'd like to show
off in that regard, or want help with, bring it.

There will be several other groups there so it should be a fun day out
even if you don't want to join in with the above.

Details -
http://transitionwestgateshead.org/repair-cafe-and-recycling-event-reuse-it-or-lose-it/
--
www.re-pute.it  _/ _/ _/  a laptop with ethics to be proud of