[Falkirk] Hi - and Interesting Kit likely to come up for sale...

falkirk@mailman.lug.org.uk falkirk at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Oct 1 22:01:00 2002

Sorry for the late heads up - things have been a little hectic on the work
front.

The items are up for sale at DJ Mannings in bo'ness tomorrow (Wed). They
can be viewed online at www.djmanning.co.uk

There are a wide range of PC's suitable for Linux - up to and including PII
500's - though there are only one or two of that type of spec (lots of
Pentium and PII however).
One or two Gateway machines are well suited to expansion as they are in
large cases, and at least one has a PCI RAID controller. HD sizes range
from 2Gb to 6GB.

The Magstar has gone, but here are several RS6000's - 370 and 390's plus
one F50 sans drives. A couple of dozen monitors, the same number of
printers including lasers and a large standup HP Plotter which can handle
A0.

There is 1 sun sparc and 1 HP Unix workstation, and about 10-12 MACs.

I'm told that the prices are usually very low - 20 quid for a p166-pII266
and not much more for the other kit - sometimes it fails to attract any
interest at all, so bargains may yet be had, even for those of us on tight
budgets.

O.

                    Scott Fraser
                    <saf104@ukonline.co.uk        To:     falkirk@mailman.lug.org.uk
                    >                             cc:
                    Sent by:                      Subject:     Re: [Falkirk] Hi - and Interesting Kit likely to come up for
                    falkirk-admin@mailman.        sale...
                    lug.org.uk

                    28/09/2002 13:01
                    Please respond to
                    falkirk

I'm going down to do a proper appraisal tomorrow but off the top of my
head I can recall 6 x RS6000 370/390's, 1 x Sun SPARC w/station, 1 HP
something or other, a few large IBM weird and old boxes, a Magstar 3570,
a boxed AIX v4.2 (still sealed) and a whole host of monitors and
peripherals. They also have about 30 PC's ranging from P166 to PII 500
ish with various CD writers and bits and bobs like printers.

I'd be interested in one of the better PC's depending on spec and
price.  When you have more details could you let me know?

I'm also interested in the Sun SPARC, but won't take it as I can't
justify buying it even to myself other than as an expensive toy ;-)

Scott