[Falkirk] problems with my samba server

darren falkirk at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 6 12:33:00 2003

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C35C10.E0EA27E0

hi all im new to this list, so i would like to tell you a little bit =
about myself before i tell you about my problem.=20

my name is darren moran and am new to linux. i just started a new job =
with a charity called cssad (counciling and support services for alcoho =
and drugs). in this position im responsible for all there i.t. needs. =
one of these needs was for a central server that stored all files.

well the easy bit was deciding on linux (redhat 9.0)  with samba and =
swat installed.

my problem is i have set up the server to the point where it has shares =
visable on the nework and i can login to these shares using all the =
accounts i set up but i can not put anything in them, it throws up a =
access denied violation.

lets be clear i set up shares and can login but cannot, save files or =
create more directories in the shares.

the computer that i am using to access the server is a windows xp home =
system.

well anyway any help would be appreciated, plus when is the next lug =
meeting in falkirk. i would be intrested in attending to meet and great =
everyone.

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C35C10.E0EA27E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>hi all im new to this list, so i would =
like to tell=20
you a little bit about myself before i tell you about my problem. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>my name is darren moran and am new to =
linux. i just=20
started a new job with a charity called cssad (counciling and support =
services=20
for alcoho and drugs). in this position im responsible for all there =
i.t. needs.=20
one of these needs was for a central server that stored all =
files.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>well the easy bit was deciding on linux =
(redhat=20
9.0)&nbsp;&nbsp;with samba and swat installed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>my problem is i have set up the server =
to the point=20
where it has shares visable on the nework and i can login to these =
shares using=20
all the accounts i set up but i can not put anything in them, it throws =
up a=20
access denied violation.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>lets be clear i set up shares and can =
login but=20
cannot, save files or create more directories in the =
shares.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>the computer that i am using to access =
the server=20
is a windows xp home system.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>well anyway any help would be =
appreciated, plus=20
when is the next lug meeting in falkirk. i would be intrested in =
attending to=20
meet and great everyone.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01C35C10.E0EA27E0--