[Falkirk] problems with my samba server

Mark Boydell falkirk at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 6 18:44:01 2003

> There isn't anything in Stirling unfortunatly.

Is there many people on the mailing list in Stirling BTW? I
signed up relatively recently but haven't yet presented myself to the list
:(
Anyway, I'm at Stirling univeristy, have been using Linux since 1999 on and
off (more off at times
than on) and now almost solely use it.

I think I came up with that Samba problem when I  was setting up a share at
university -
off the top of my head have you tried umask=  in the conf file?  (I'm on
holidays on Lewis
at the minute so I can't check my files)

Strangely enough, I was wondering whether there were enough people around
Stirling, Dunblane
and Bridge of Allan to start up a LUG though my knowledge of Linux is pretty
poor...

Mark