[Falkirk] Next Talk Tuesday 6th of March: Mark Bryars on git - Are you in a 'detached head' state?

Callum Scott scott.callum at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 17:15:04 UTC 2012

Hi All,

A new month, new speaker and a new talk.  Mark will be presenting on Git,
which, if you don't know, is a version control system.

As normal we will be meeting in the upstairs room in "The Wheatsheaf" in
the town centre.  We'll be there from 7:30pm on the 6th or March with the
talk starting shortly there after. (if anyone is going to be late and lets
me know I'll delay the start of the talk.

Beforehand you can join some of us for steak at Wehterspoons, folks
generally arrive there from around 6pm

git - Are you in a 'detached head' state?

a Choose your own adventure talk based on my learnings
from switching from svn to git with gerrit for code review

Choose from many adventures such as:

* git Terminology
* Where did my files go :(
* What is a rebase anyway?