[Falkirk] Growing the group

Greg Sutcliffe greg.sutcliffe at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 10:08:13 UTC 2014

On 3 September 2014 12:53, Craig R. Skinner <skinner at britvault.co.uk> wrote:

> At the meeting last night (ideal replacement venue, thanks to all
> involved in the change over), there was general talk about raising the
> profile of the group in the region.
>
> Of the several ideas mentionedi, 1 was tweeting about it & retweeting.
> I've had a stab at it here:
> https://twitter.com/Craig_Skinner/status/507131904848822273
> Maybe we could follow each other & retweet & see if new people turn up.
>
> How about a hacknite to get the website updated?

I meant to reply to this ages ago and totally forgot, sorry.

Please do continue to put the word out about upcoming talks via Social
Media. My usage of Twitter died ages ago, but I do try to keep our Google+
page[1] updated with appropriate info.

In the New Year, I think it might be worth having another word with the
Herald - Callum did this a few years back, and a few people did turn up as
a result. If one of our goals is to help new users get into Linux usage,
then the new-user contingent that might follow from something in the local
paper is exactly what we need. It's also likely to be free publicity, so it
can't hurt :)

It also seems word-of-mouth is a big factor, so do remind your colleagues
to come along if they're sufficiently local.

I'd be up for talking more about the website - it's LUGnight on Tuesday, so
lets discuss there?

Greg

[1]
https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/115476628113417487323/115476628113417487323/