[Falkirk] April Meet

Greg Sutcliffe greg.sutcliffe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 20:12:43 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Time once again for FalkirkLUG, this time on the 7th of April. As ever
we'll be upstairs at the Star Inn
from about 7.30pm, preceeded by some of us getting food at the Carron
Works from 6pm onwards.

Since we're meeting as far from April Fools Day as possible, we'll
stick to a sensible talk this month. We have Dougal Matthews coming
over from Glasgow to talk to us on the intricacies of how Openstack is
developed. He sends this abstract to whet your appetite:

"OpenStack is an Open Source Python based infrastructure as a service
(IaaS) platform. OpenStack manages virtual machines, distributed
storage and the network between these services. Since OpenStack was
originally released in 2010 it has grown at an astonishing rate. With
over two million lines of code and around 1200 individual developers
contributing in the last 6 months, this talk will introduce you
to OpenStack, it's development and the challenges and problems found
in a project this large."

See you there!
Greg