[Falkirk] December Christmas Meet - meal plans

Greg Sutcliffe greg.sutcliffe at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 12:23:20 UTC 2015

Hi all,

So as previously discussed at a few of the meetups, we're going to
have our Christmas meetup at Sportsters instead of the Sanam - this is
because in previous years, our venue(s) didn't do food, leaving us
open to eating elsewhere. Sportsters are giving us the venue for free,
which makes me want to show some loyalty in return this year.

Within Sportsters, then, we have 2 options:

* Sportsters are doing a Christmas menu, and they have confirmed we
can have this if we want - however, it does require confirmed numbers
and a deposit to be paid.
* Alternatively, the standard menu will be avaiable to, giving us the
usual approach of reserving the table and paying for our own food

Logistically, collecting and paying the deposit for all of us could be
tricky, so I'm inclined to go for (b), and make December just a long
meal/drink meetup. I'm not that fond of turkey anyway :P

Hopefully that sits well with everyone, but if not, we can discuss. I
don't really see an alternative though.

Cheers
--
Greg