[Falkirk] November 3rd Meet - Callum Scott - An introduction to ELK logging

Greg Sutcliffe greg.sutcliffe at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 19:49:33 UTC 2015

Hi all

Winter is coming, and so is FlakirkLUG. We'll be meeting on the 3rd
November, as usual, in the Sportsters. Princes St, Falkirk for another
excellent talk. We'll be there from 7.30pm in the backroom, with some
of us getting food out front from 6pm onwards

This month we have our old maintainer back with us for a talk on the
ELK logging framework - nothing to with large mammals, sadly. He sends
this for your enjoyment:

---
Dealing with an individual monolithic log file is easy with grep.  But
what if you have an application distributed over many servers and
locations? What if you have people you don't want to log into your
server, but want to give them access to the logs?

Elasticsearch is a full-text search an analytics engine that allows
you to store, search, and analyze big volumes of data quickly and in
near real time.  Sounds like it will do the trick.  This introductory
talk should give you enough info to get an Elastic cluster set-up an
to get some logs into and out of it.
---

See you there!
--