[Falkirk] EU copyright reform - links from my talk

Greg Sutcliffe greg at emeraldreverie.org
Wed Jun 6 21:04:19 UTC 2018

Last night I gave a quick talk on the proposed EU Copyright Reform, and the awful state it's in.

We *all* need to care about this - in it's current form it's going to wreck the internet as we know it, and I don't sling phrases like that about lightly.

You can read more about the issues with the reform on Julia Reda's blog[1] and the Open Rights Group have a post on it as well[2]. Both contain links to speaking with your MEP, but I'd suggest hitting up https://www.theyworkforyou.com/ and getting in touch with your MP as well - member states get a say in this as well as the MEP parties.

This is looking like a very tight vote (currently just 1 vote in favour of it). Let's change that.

Thanks
Greg

[1] https://juliareda.eu/2018/06/saveyourinternet/
[2] https://www.openrightsgroup.org/blog/2018/filters-are-for-coffee-and-water-not-copyright