[Glastonbury] award-winning ~ spam

nick irwin glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Sun Aug 10 10:50:00 2003

On Sunday 10 Aug 2003 18:21, s~TV wrote:

> absolutely
> didnt like the idea anyway
> s~TV
I really hope that some laws do come into effect about Spam Mail, and a body
of experts are brought together to stop the menace.

It is a real pain, I end up having to switch E-mail accounts every 2 years or
so.

If the problem of spam to the list cant be stopped, then I think we will have
to use the members only idea. It's better than being informed about how we
can make $'s from home or get free medication. But I agree that every effort
should be made to stop the spam in a more community friendly way.

Unfortunately I have no suggestions that will be very effective against spam,
I've never managed to succesfully filter it all.

Good Luck
--
Nick Irwin
E-Mail: nirwin@pulbah.plus.com