[Glastonbury] for reference

nick irwin glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Wed Aug 13 09:42:00 2003

On Wednesday 13 Aug 2003 16:24, s~TV wrote:
> this will cause a stir no doubt

Well so far I've only read the preface and a few other paragraphs 'cos I have
to go out, but it sounds like the guy actually WANTS his computer to make all
his decisions!
Unforgiving??!!!??? Ok so when you delete something you DELETE it as opposed
to Windows which doesnt delete it at all, it just moves it to the Recycle Bin
folder.

And unintuitive??? more so than Windows and DOS? I remember when I first used
DOS, it took me a WEEK to figure out how to run Duke Nukem 3d. It is
software, it needs to be learnt, what does the guy want? maybe a transmitter
inserted into his brain which can transmit his thoughts to Unix and unix can
then display flashing neon signs saying "click here to do that." or "type cd
../ to go up a directory".

*NIX is not a package holiday, it is like 3D modelling software, you cant
cheat, you only get out what you put in.

Oh by the way BLENDER RULES

Cheers for the link Steve
--
Nick Irwin