[Glastonbury] Chroot

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Thu Dec 4 23:50:04 GMT 2003

Hi Andy,

nice to hear from you again :-)

On Thursday 04 December 2003 20:03, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> tune2fs -j /dev/hdXXX will turn your ext2 to ext3 - and take some space,
> which Martin always complains about - but will make the whole thing
> fully journalled. I had a machine with a dodgy PSU which rebooted about
> 50 times in quick succession - ext3 meant that it had no file
> corruption.

>From what I've read ext3 isn't really the business for making music. I don't
remember the details. I will dig them out when I'm ready to cross that
bridge. At the moment I still have to sort some glitches out with ALSA under
woody and my testing/unstable install is only half-configured. What with that
and the festering season coming up, I daresay I'll get round to looking at
this mmm, some time in the Xmas hols.

I shall probably really appreciate your advice at that point :-)

Thanks

tim hall