[Glastonbury] Strode Meeting

peter colep at nascr.net
Sun Dec 7 20:18:36 GMT 2003

I have been reading the threads about this proposed meeting. There are
obviously some very strong views on the subject!

Even though i have been using Linux for the past 4-5 years i still
regard my self as newbie!

I think that if there is a move to Linux there then we should not
involve ourselves in any way with the running or setup of the network
this would leave us very open to other issue's if people with in the
group have there own business and want to get involved then fine.

Can we show them what Linux can do yes of course we should. But not only
Linux I think we need to show them other open source software that is
multi platform or Windows only.Open office the gimp, and many others (
sourceforge.net).

This may be the best way to move the whole college over not only a
breakaway part.

I think from an academic view point what Steve has achieved at St
Dunstan's speaks for it's self and i beleive that Martin has had some
input in academic circles as well ( some sort of rift here i guess with
Strode!!)

I am only looking form a laymans terms and feel free to shoot me down i
flames I've got some fire proof long-john's somewhere!!!

Regards

--
peter <colep at nascr.net>