[Glastonbury] teachers

s~TV glastonbury at mailman.lug.org.uk
Tue Jul 1 22:26:00 2003

the average cost to set up a pc suite on ms is 25K.
that's a teacher's average salary.
how many schoools in somerset?
70?
that's £1,750,000.

what is this across the UK?
do a search at ofsted.gov.uk
they will have a lsit of all the schools in the UK.

You haven't any figures have you Steve on how many teachers' salaries
the County's annual spend on M$ licences would cover?  *That*'s the
sort of thing that grabs a journo's sense of the dramatic and the
over-exaggerated -- shall we just feed him the information that if
Somerset stopped paying the annual American Computer Tax to Microsoft,
they would be able to employ another *seventy* teachers?
(I don't care if the figures are made up -- he's a journo, he'll publish
it :)